Coleman Theatre

Miami, Oklahoma

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

Coleman Theatre*

Coleman Theatre*

Miami, OK

This historic Vaudeville movie theater was built by George L. Coleman Sr. in 1929. The exterior architecture is Spanish Mission Revival. Terra cotta gargoyles and other hand-carved figures adorn the building facade. The elegant Louis XV interior includes gold leaf trim, silk damask panels, stained glass panels, a carved mahogany staircase, a 2,000-pound chandelier, and decorative plaster moldings and railings. Its original pipe organ, "The Mighty Wurlitzer," was returned to the Coleman by the J.T. Peterson Organization.

 

In 1986 Gary Sparks began working with a small group of private citizens to save and restore this treasure. So many people have donated materials and labor over the years, it would be impossible to put a price on the total cost. Now complete, the Coleman is used for all types of functions. Its seating capacity is close to 1500. 

Copyright © 2020 by Reed Architecture and Interiors